Facilities & Services
Information Centre and Post Office
Drop into Alpine Central Information Centre helpful advice from locals. Top floor of Alpine Central. 03 5777 6077 | 8.30am–5pm weekdays and 10am–4pm weekends.
Need cash? ATMs are in the Village Square Plaza in the Village Square and in Alpine Central.
Village Square Plaza
Public seating, restrooms, free Wi-Fi and ATM. Village Square open 7am–late.
In the Village Square Plaza. Baby change facilities and water fountain. Open 7am–late.
The local supermarket stocks a good range of fresh and grocery items including ice creams, ready meals and many of those things you forgot to bring. Liquor store and newspapers. In the Village Square.
03 5777 6133 Open 10am–1.30pm, 4–6pm weekdays and 9am–3pm weekends.
Mt Buller offers the ideal biking escape, no matter what you’re into! Tackle the 16km uphill road climb, ride the extensive cross-country trail network, hit the downhill trails with chairlift access, tackle the pump track, skills parks and more – all just three hours from Melbourne.
2019/2020 Season Dates
Rolling opening from 2 November 2019
Opening Weekend 30 November 2019
Closing Weekend 26 April 2020
IMBA Ride Centre
Mt Buller is Australia’s first and only International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) endorsed Ride Center, meaning it joins a select group of mountain biking destinations around the world that represent IMBA’s Model Trail recognition for large-scale mountain bike facilities that offer something for every rider. Check out a snapshot of the resort’s facilities below and enjoy learning about everything there is for riders (and their non-riding friends!) to do – see you on top of the world at Mt Buller soon!
- Over 100km of quality cross-country trails, including 40km of singletrack
- Mt Buller’s newest trail is the Australian Alpine Epic. A 50km long-distance cross-country descending trail that takes in some of the most spectacular terrain and scenery in the Australian Alps
- Home to Stonefly, Mt Buller’s signature 10km endurance trail, regularly rated one of the country’s best trails
- Home of the first flow down trail – XC/DH hybrid with a style all of its own
- Four downhill trails serviced by shuttles
- Australia’s first modular pump track, setup in the Mt Buller Village and designed to test your skills, test your balance and build confidence
- A range of tours, camps, clinics and skills sessions for all levels and types of riders
- A range of bike-friendly accommodation.
Mt Buller is not just for riders – a great range of events and activities make it perfect for a day trip or extended stay for all ages and interests. Enjoy scenic walks and extended hikes, stunning views and sunset picnics on the summit, as well as a range of activities available in the region including 4WD adventures, horse riding tours and fly fishing. The Mt Buller Village features a variety of cafes, restaurants and accommodation options where you can immerse yourself in a unique alpine experience, just three hours from Melbourne. For more information on Mt Buller here.